As the main element of making Shrikhand is milk, the advantages of it are numerous. It is a tradition enjoyed in many parts of India. It comes in many flavors like Elaichi, Kesar, Mango, Pista, etc.
Health benefits of Shrikhand
1. As it is a milk product, it contains excellent amounts of calcium. Thus, it is good for teeth and bones as calcium is known to sustain the health of both.
2. It contains Vitamin B which in turn helps to absorb calcium from whatever you consume. It also aids metabolism and also converts food into energy.
Shrikhand is a sweet dish with a delectable flavor. Did you know desserts are the best way to keep you away from depression?
Sweet Delights can keep you happy and content. Feel the punch and enjoy the benefits.
Since summer is around the corner it time for the fruit we wait for the whole year and it is none other than MANGO. So the main ingredient for today’s Shrikhand recipe is Mango. Indulge in the most delicious Shrikhand flavor and beat the heat!
Also try Shrikhand Katli, a different take on Shrikhand recipe!
Let’s get started with the recipe.
Mango Shrikhand Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Hung Curd
- 1/2 Cup Thick Mango Puree
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Saffron strands Soaked in 1 tsp water
- Pistachio Flakes
- Almond Flakes
- In a bowl add hung curd and whisk it properly.
- Add powdered sugar and blend it well with the hung curd.
- Next add cardamom powder, soaked saffron water, mango puree and mix all ingredients well.
- Add food color to make it pop. (Optional)
- Garnish it with pistachio and almond flakes and to set it well refrigerate for two hours.
- Serve chilled!
What else one could ask for in the heat of the summer, a chilled bowl of Mango Shrikhand.
Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.