Whether you’re having meals, a curry or pakoras, a side dish of raita is always there, being the best companion. Make it’s consistency a little thicker and it’s better than any salad out there. It can even be fruity, or savory with raw and cooked vegetables. Or treat it like the best dip in the.
Raita is healthy and keeps our bodies cool–a rather important factor to consider while consuming anything in the summer. Today’s recipe is for Boondi Raita where Boondi is Fried droplets of chickpea flour batter immersed in yogurt mixed with salt and spices–this one tastes as amazing as it sounds. Boondi is available readymade in markets, so this version of raita doesn’t need any chopping. It’s one of the easiest and the most convenient raitas.
Let’s get started.
How to Make Boondi Raita
Boondi Raita Recipe
- 200 gm Curd Fresh
- 1/2 Cup Spicy Boondi
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Finely chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin powder Roasted
- 1/2 Tsp Black Salt
- Pinch salt to Taste
- In a bowl with fresh curd add roasted cumin powder, chat masala, red chili powder, black salt and pinch of salt to taste.
- Using a hand whisker whisk the curd so it forms a delectable smooth texture.
- If the curd comes off as too thick just add a little water. Whisk again.
- Now add Boondi and finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- It is ready you can either refrigerate it for a while or consume right away.
To make the Boondi raita more irresistible garnish with Boondi and coriander and serve. This dish is a no-brainer and still tastes yummy. This will be a great add-on to your side dish recipes. Do make it in your kitchen and let me know your experience.
Also, comment and send me your feedback down below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.