Rice is a versatile ingredient and has mind boggling varieties and types. It is a staple food item in India and is cooked differently in all parts of the country. You can not only make desserts but also savory recipes.
Today’s recipe is about restaurant style vegetable matar pulao. In this recipe, I will share a secret to cooking perfect granulated pulao. The addition of cottage cheese makes the pulao delicious and satisfying. It is also called pilaf and or pulav. The tempered spices and herbs make the dish more flavourful.
Let’s get started with the rice recipe.
Veg White Matar Pulao Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Veg White Pulao Recipe
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Peas
- 1 Carrot Medium size finely chopped
- 200 gm Cottage cheese Paneer
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 6-7 Cloves
- 2 Green cardamoms
- 7-8 Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 10-12 Cashew
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 2-3 green chili Sliced
- 1 Tbsp coriander Finely chopped
- 10-15 Raisins
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, 6-7 cloves, green cardamoms, 7-8 black
- pepper and roast for half a minute.
- Next add cashew, roast until it is crispy and have a golden hue, later take them out.
- Add butter(the secret ingredients to make danedar pulao) and once it melts add paneer
- cubes, and cook by continuously flipping it over and until it hs a beautiful light golden color.
- And later take them out.
- Now add asafetida, green chilies, carrots, peas now mix all ingredients together.
- At this stage, you can add either ginger garlic paste or chopped ginger-garlic. You can also
- add veggies of your choice.
- Roast for one and a half minutes. Add raisins and strained rice .
- Mix rice with all the ingredients and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, sprinkle salt to taste, add roasted cashews and paneer cubes.
- Mix again and less add then 2 cups of water and stir.
- Once the water starts to boil pour in some lemon juice.
- Cook for a few seconds and then cover with a lid.
- On low medium flame let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn on the flame but don’t yet remove the lid.
- Keep the lid on for at least 15 minutes to let the rice cook in its own steam.
- After 15 minutes remove the lid and prick the rice with a fork.
- Before serving add chopped coriander leaves and mix well with the pulao.
When you serve this gorgeous plate of pulao everyone is going to gather around it, so make sure you prepare it in large quantity. Isn’t it mouthwatering?
Accompany it with Gujarati kadhi to make a hearty meal.
Do try this white rice pulao recipe and let me know your experience in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.