We Indian love tangy spicy and delicious food. Food that satisfies not only the hunger but soul as well. But how do we react to Khichdi? Some of you may roll over your eyes or make faces. What if I told you that even Khichdi can be tangy, flavorful and be a treat to your palate?
Apart from many health benefits, Khichdi can be made using many lentils, tempering etc. Today’s recipe can be made with even leftover Khichdi and I would love to call it Tomatina Tadka Khichdi. Make with the tempering of tomatoes and later the addition of curd makes any Khichdi a mouthwatering dish.
Next time someone cringes on hearing Khichdi make them this and they will be a fan for rest of their life
Let’s get started.
Tomato Tadka Khichdi Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 2 Cup Cooked Plain Khichdi
- 2 Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Curd 2
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Asafetida
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds pop add cumin seeds, asafetida, turmeric, chopped tomatoes and sprinkle salt to taste.
- After a minute or two add red chili powder and cooked Khichdi.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- On a low flame add chopped coriander leaves and curd.
- Mix well and quickly to avoid coagulation of curd.
- Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the flame and the tangy Khichdi is ready to be served.
You will have a new found love for Khichdi after having this tangy version. Do try it in your kitchen and let me know your experience in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.