Ever wondered how the restaurants have perfected the technique to cook grainy and beautiful Jeera Rice. The amazing thing about this dish is the versatility and tastes delectable with almost any gravy dish or dal (Specially Dal Tadka & Dal Makhani). You can save a lot of time while making it in pressure cooker. Follow my step by step guide to preparing authentic restaurant style Jeera Rice. Finally garnished with fresh coriander leaves a plate of Jeera rice an ideal form of comfort food!
Jeera Rice Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 1/2 Cup Washed and Soaked Basmati Rice(15 to 20 Min)
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped Coriander
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Dry Red Chili
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 to 4 Black peppercorns
- 2 to 3 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Heat the pressure cooker, pour ghee into it. Add dry red chili, cumin seed, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf. Stir well. Fry for 15-20 seconds.
- Add soaked rice in the cooker. On a medium flame let it cook for half a minute.
- Add salt to taste. Add 1 ¼ cup water-in proportion to the measured rice.
Restaurant style Jeera rice is 90% cook and I am using the similar technique. But if you guys are opting for fully cooked rice then use 1 ¾ cup water.
- Once the water starts to boil put the lid on pressure cooker. On a high flame cook until 2 whistles.
- After two whistles turn off the flame and let the pressure cooker cool. Don’t open the lid while the steam is still in this will result in moist & half cooked rice.
- Remove lid and witness the magic inside-perfectly cooked Jeera Rice. You can either remove the dry red chili and bay leaf if you want. With help of a fork gently fluff the rice.
- Transfer the content to the bowl and serve hot!
I hope you all enjoyed watching the video and will definitely give it a try. You can drop your comments in case you have any query.