Today I have a recipe to transform the leftover rice into something so delicious that it all together becomes a whole new dish. Vegetable Tadka Rice or Tempered Rice is the good option for breakfast. Not only your rice can be used again but the added crunch of vegetable makes it much tastier.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Cooking doesn’t have to be hard. Sign up to receive delicious recipes!
It can be served as a brunch menu, that can include seasoned curd along with papad, pickle, and salad. Or as a side dish during dinner, and you can have with your Tea as well. Sounds interesting right. Give this dish a try you and your family will love this dish.
If you are looking for more rice recipes then do check:
Veg Tadka Rice Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
Veg Tadka Rice Recipe
- 1 Bowl Rice Cooked
- 1 Tomato Small Finely chopped
- 1 Onion Small Finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum Small Finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Heat the pan and add the cooking oil.
- Once the oil heats add mustard seeds let it splutter.
- Add asafetida, capsicum, a pinch of salt, onions and mix it well.
- On a medium flame, cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix it well.
- Cook for half a minute and then add tomatoes and give it a nice mix.
- Add cooked rice and mix it well with veggies.
- Add salt to taste and coriander and stir.
- Let it cook for a minute and turn off the flame. Transfer the content into the bowl and serve it with Curd or Masala tea.
If you have a bowl of rice lying in the fridge stop reading and get into the kitchen. Hope you like today’s recipe. Send me your feedback and comment down below for any query.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.