Who doesn’t love Pav Bhaji? & what about super crunchy and yummylicious bread rolls? I mean we are only human and (delicious) food is our weakness. And the answer is everybody loves and relishes both the dishes. So why not combine both? Again a baby of my food experiment and trust me this fusion is finger licking GOOOOD!
Bhaji Pav Roll is a new addition to the library of snack dishes. Easy to cook and takes little time to prepare. You can make this easy recipe on any occasion or enjoy during Tea Time or as a Sunday brunch.
Bhaji Pav Roll Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 13-15 Bread slices (without corners)
- 3 Large Bolied Potato
- 2 Medium Size Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Capsicum
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/4 Cup Peas
- 20gm Butter
- 1/4 Cup Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Pavbhaji masala
- 1/2 Tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Asfoedita
- Salt to taste
Let’s Prepare the Bhaji first –
- Heat the deep bottomed pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix, Pav Bhaji masala and garlic paste together. This literally enhances the flavor of the sabji.
- Once the pan is hot add 1 tbsp oil, and once the oil heats add cumin seeds and asafetida.
- Add the half of chopped capsicum now and mix all ingredients well.
- Add the garlic paste and Pav Bhaji masala mixture to the pan and mix all ingredients while cooking for half a minute.
- Add the other half of chopped capsicum, onion, and salt to taste while stirring continuously.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Add red chili powder, tomatoes and salt in proportion to the tomatoes used. On a medium flame cook for 2 minutes.
- Now pour boiled and diced potatoes and mix well it in the mixture.
At this stage you add a little salt if you want. As I have used salt when I boiled the potatoes so I am going to skip this step.
- After letting cook potatoes for a minute add green peas.
- Using a crusher, mash potatoes as well as all ingredients nicely.
- Finally, add finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- Let the Bhaji cook until it leaves all the moisture. Keep stirring continuously.
- Turn off the flame; transfer the Bhaji into an open plate to cool it off quickly.
- Once the Bhaji cools down, make medium size oval rolls. Once you are ready with rolls, set it aside.
Next procedure- Rolling pin, Chakhla, water in small bowl and Bhaji rolls –
- Thin out the bread from all sides using the rolling pin.
- Sprinkle water on bread, and place the bhaji roll in between and wrap it and seal the corners using water. Apply little water only to avoid the bread from falling off or breaking.
- Repeat for rest of the roll.
- In a deep bottomed pan, heat oil.
- Fry the Bhaji rolls until they are golden brown from both the sides.
- Take them out on a kitchen towel lined plate.
Serve hot with homemade green chutney & tomato ketchup and indulge in this delicious snack.
I hope you enjoyed watching as I enjoyed cooking this recipe for you. You should definitely try this recipe in your kitchen. Do send me your feedback and comments.