Two breakfast items fused into one. Yes, I am talking about the much-loved cutlets and our simple yet fulfilling dish right from the heart of Maharashtra, Poha. By this time you guys must be well aware of how I love experimenting with flavors, ingredients, and recipes. The idea to combine and get the best of both recipes is absolutely mind-boggling.
It is a perfect snack- be it a party, get together, breakfast, or even for your kid’s lunchbox. Crispy and crusted outside yet a little mushy and full of flavors inside it will be loved by everyone in your family. Surprise everyone with your pro cooking skills.
With ado, let’s get started.
Veg Poha Cutlet & Rolls Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Flattened Rice(Poha)
- 2 Medium Size Boiled and Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Large Size Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp Chat Masala
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Finely Chopped or Crushed Green Chili
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Salt to Taste
- Wash the Poha twice or thrice until the water comes off as clear.
- Fluff the Poha and set it aside to rise for 10 minutes.
- Once it rises, mash it with your hand nicely.
- Add corn flour, mashed potatoes.
- Now add red chili powder, chaat masala, dry mango powder, roasted cumin seed powder, garam masala, chopped green chilies, sesame seeds, chopped onions, finely chopped coriander leaves and finally salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well and ready into a dough.
- Take a scoop full of batter, flatten and smoothen it in your palms. Prepare a few of these similarly.
- The other shapes in which you can make these rolls are cylindrical. Same as above take a scoop full dough in your hand, roll and smooth it out so there are no cracks.
- Now pat the rolls with some water. Now put the same roll in a bowl of bhujiya so it gets evenly coated with it and then gently press it in.
- In a deep bottomed pan, heat oil.
- One the oil is medium hot slide in cutlets and rolls.
- Fry until they have the beautiful golden hue.
- Take these out on a kitchen towel lined plate.
Serve it with homemade green chutney and ketchup. I am sure you guys will surely try this easy yet creative dish in your kitchen. Share your thoughts on the recipe by posting the comment below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.