I know what are your favorite coffee shops are. To name a few from many there is Café Coffee Day and then there is Starbucks and then it can be any of your favorite restaurants. We love coffee due to its handsome flavor, the fact that it helps kick off the Monday blues and also because it calms and relaxes body and mind.
Remember my last recipe for Tandoori Chai inspired by the famous Chai La in Pune. Well, today recipe is for Tandoori Coffee. Made within minutes this coffee cuppa is anytime better than the coffee from all restaurants combined. Yes, it is that good. And yes you have to make it believe it.
Tandoori Coffee Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Coffee Powder
- Clay/Earthen Cup / Kulhad
- The very first step is to wash clean and dry the clay cup
- Turn on the flame and pace the kulhad on top of it and let it heat evenly from all sides
- Meanwhile, let’s make coffee, heat a steel vessel, and add 1 cup milk, sugar, and coffee powder.
- Now put the heat on low flame and let it simmer well.
- On the other stove turn the sides of the earthen cup, heat it evenly.
- Let’s check on coffee as it has come to a boil turn off the flame and place the vessel aside.
- Transfer the kulhad on the stove we made coffee on and turn it upside down and let it heat on full flame for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and place the hot kulhad in a steel vessel (Facing upwards)
- Pour the coffee directly into the kulhad and empty the glass. You will see the coffee bubbling and that’s due the extreme heat the kulhad absorbed.
- Once the bubbling stops remove kulhad and transfer the coffee in a cup and server.
Your smokey flavored coffee is ready. I am sure you are excited to try this recipe ASAP. You will fall in love with the flavor that’s for sure. Share your Tandoori Coffee experience with me.
Do post comments and feedback.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.