Indian lemonade concentrate or Nimbu Shikanji are must haves this summer. You can make this undiluted mixture with ingredients easily available in your kitchen.
Trust me, this is so easy to make that not even amatures can go wrong with it! Although ready mixes are available in the market but why buy when you can prepare it at home without any added preservatives .
Nothing like a chilled glass of Nimbu Paani which you can make within seconds with this syrup. Tip: Add some roasted cumin seeds and mint leaves for an amazing flavour.
Indian Lemonade Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Indian Lemonade Concentrate Recipe
- 1 kg Sugar
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Black salt
- 1/3 Tsp Black pepper
- In a steel utensil add sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Place it on the gas stove, on a medium-high flame.
- Stirring continuously, cook till the sugar melts.
- Once the sugar melts, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add black pepper and black salt and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and set it aside to cool off.
- Pour in the lemon juice in the concentrate and stir well.
- Strain and pour the concentrate into a container to store it.
You can store this shikanji concentrate in the refrigerator for upto 4-5 months. It will last you a whole summer, and you can make more anytime.
To quench the summer thirst all you need is a glass, pour in 4-5 ice cubes, add lemon cubes (optional). Add at least 2 or 2 ½ spoonfuls of shikanji concentrate and pour in the chilled water stir for a second and VOILA!
The elixir is ready. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slice
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.