We Indians cannot ignore the calling of a sweet tooth. At least that is the truth for me. I cannot resist the craving and neither do most you! Experimenting with food has its privileges, so this time I am making a sweet dish out of Shrikhand- called Shrikhand Vadi or Shrikhand Katli. Shrikhand simply makes the mouth water. The density of curd melting on the palate is simply mesmerizing
Shrikhand Katli is again a very tantalizing sweet dish, cut into thin diamond shapes and enjoy with your folks. Serve this homemade sweet dish and on any occasion and win hearts.
Sooji Halwa Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1/2 cup Fresh Hung Curd
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Powedered Sugar
- Few strings Saffron
- 2 tbsp Chopped Nuts
- Some Almonds and Pistachio Flakes
- Heat the pan and add curd and sugar. Mix it well while stirring continuously.
I prefer using fresh curd because it won’t have a sour taste.
- Once the curd and sugar mixture thickens add saffron strings, chopped nuts and mix it well.
- When it begins to come off the pan, add powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Our Shrikhand mixture is ready, switch off the flame and let it cool a little.
- Grease the butter paper with clarified butter(Ghee).
- Spread the mixture on one half of the butter paper and cover it from the top with the other half.
- Gently roll it flat with the help of a rolling pin. Uncover the mixture and sprinkle almond and pistachio flakes, cover the top again and roll it again to set the flakes.
- Cut into beautiful diamond shape or any shape that you desire shape.
It’s ready to be munched on. It simply tastes delectable, you saw how easily and quickly I made Shrikhand Katli. Do try and send your feedback and if you have any query related to dish feel free to comment below.