It is the season of the Mangoes, La La La! Ain’t that, right?
I am sure you guys are already binge eating mangoes. There are so many dishes and drinks one can make with mangoes and raw ones too. Mango shake, Sorbet, Ice-cream, sweet dishes, chutney etc. While mangoes are great raw mangoes are even better and I just love them. There are many names for raw mangoes, Kairi, Kaccha Aam, Ambi are the popular ones in North India.
Today’s recipe that I have for you is an instant raw mango curry. It is the main course vegetable which can be prepared when you are running short on time but looking for a blast of flavors. This mix of sugar, spice and tangy is sure to please your palate.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Cooking doesn’t have to be hard. Sign up to receive delicious recipes!
The perfect accompaniment to this easy raw mango curry recipe is Indian flatbread- chapati, roti even rice and Puri. I am sure no one will be to resist this refreshing version of raw mango. This offbeat recipe is going e hit among your foodie folks this summer.
What’s the best part? 15 minutes and you are ready to savor this sweet and sour dish.
Raw Mango Sabzi Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 1 raw mango peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Methi Masala
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and cut the raw mango into small cubes.
- Pour 1 glass of water to boil in large pot.
- Once the water boils add mango cubes into the pot and let it boil on high flame.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes and this time on low flame.
- After 10 minutes check the mangoes cubes, they will turn a little transparent this means they are cooked.
If not then let it cook for another 2-5 minutes.
- Now drain the access water with the help of a strainer.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Once the oil heats add mustard seeds and let it pop. Immediately add asafetida, methi masala and mango cubes and mix well.
- Now add red chili powder, salt, and jaggery and slowly mix it well.
- Let it simmer for few minutes and allow the jaggery to melt on medium heat.
- Now as the jaggery as completely disappeared switch off the stove and serve it hot with paratha, chapati or rice.
This dish requires no side dish to compliment your meal. Just enjoy as is and share your experience of cooking this dish. Shower your love with comments and feedback, I look forward to reading them.