Falafel is a famous Middle Eastern Street food and said to have originated in EGYPT. Made from chickpeas or fava beans (or sometimes both) and other ingredients like parsley, garlic, green onion, and cumin and is deep fried in oil. Locally served with pita or a wrap and topped with veggies and sauces. It is also the most delicious vegetarian food in existence.
SO I have an easy and simple Falafel Recipe for you guys. They are crunchy, and freshness induced with coriander is simply awesome. Falafel can be served as a snack, main dish or stuffing inside a pita bread with lettuce, onions, capsicum, tahini sauce etc. Although its deep fried, falafel is quite healthy as it is loaded with protein, soluble fiber as well as calcium, iron and Vitamin C etc. I am going to serve Falafel with hummus.
So let’s get started!
Falafel Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup chickpea (soaked overnight)
- 1 Cup Coriander leaves
- 2 Medium size chopped onions
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Eno
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing jar, add soaked chickpeas, onion, coriander, garlic cloves, eno and finally sprinkle salt to taste. Now coarsely grind all the ingredients.
- Transfer the content to a bowl and give it a gentle mix.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan.
Meanwhile, we will make the falafel balls
- Now take a spoonful of the falafel mixture onto your palm and make a smooth ball. Repeat the same for the rest of mixture.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the falafel balls on a low-medium flame until they get a beautiful golden hue.
Repeat the same with the remaining falafel balls. Take them out on a kitchen towel lined plate.
Now serve them piping hot with a bowl of hummus. Treat your family and friends with this authentic Falafel recipe. Share your cooking experience and share your thoughts. Drop your comments for any query.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.