All the North Indian foodies out there, this recipe is for you! The delicious and aromatic dish comes together with red-hued gravy. No matter what your cooking skill is, with my easy recipe you shall be able to make it without breaking a sweat.
To prepare a nice North Indian spread at home, you can make this Punjabi Mix Veg Sabji along with phulka’s, salad and a nice glass full of lassi. The sauteed vegetables in rich creamy gravy will make you go week in the knees, the taste is simply divine.
Punjabi Mix Veg Sabzi Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Punjabi Mix Veg Sabzi Recipe
- 4 Tomato Medium size roughly chopped
- 1 Onion Large roughly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger & Garlic & 5-6 roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Cashew & Red Chili 3-4 Dry
- 1 small finely chopped Carrot small finely chopped
- 8-10 French beans roughly chopped
- 1 Capsicum roughly chopped Large
- ¼ Cup Peas
- 1 Potato Big finely chopped
- 150 gm Chopped Paneer in Cube shape Chopped in Cube shape
- 5-6 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Tbsp Garam Masala
- ½ Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dry Fenugreek leaves
- 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- In a thick bottomed pan, add three tsp butter, and wait until it melts.
- Now add chopped garlic, ginger, onion and roast for 2 minutes.
- Next, add cashew and red chillies roast for a minute.
- Add tomatoes cook for 5-7 minutes until soft. Switch off the flame and let it cool
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Once hot add potatoes, carrots and fry them until they are soft. Once done take them out.
- Now add French bean and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now fry paneer for a minute or two. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the content of the tempering in a mixing jar and grind it to a paste. Do not add water. Keep it aside.
- Now in the same kadhai that we fried vegetables in add butter.
- Once the butter melts, add capsicum, after 2 minutes add peas, add gravy after a minute. If the need add water accordingly.
- Now add all the fried veggies, salt to taste, blend all the ingredients together.
- Next add turmeric powder, Dhaniya powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, and now crush kasturi methi in the palm and add that as well.
- Let the sabji cook on low flame for about 2-3 minutes.
The mouthwatering & authentic Punjabi style mix Veg sabji is ready. The colour, aroma and taste all the hit the perfect notes on the palate. Even kids are going to love it! So what are you waiting for? Wear the apron and do the magic. Let me know your experience with the dish in the comments.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.