The most popular Punjabi dish that has stolen hearts all over is none other than Paneer Butter Masala. Don’t we all love this perfect combination of creamy and spiciness An irresistible gravy that tastes best with any Indian bread. Learn the authentic Restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala with video and step by step guide- easy and simply lip smacking.
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 2 Roughly chopped Large Onions
- 4 Roughly chopped Large Tomatoes
- 200gm chopped Cottage cheese(Paneer) in cube size
- 1 Cup Warm Milk
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 8-10 Garlic cloves
- 1 Inch Ginger chopped in small pieces
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 15-20 Cashew Nuts
- 8-10 Almonds
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp Kashmiri Red child powder
- 1 Tbsp Kitchen King Masala
- Salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pan. Once it melts add diced garlic, ginger and onions. Sauté it for 2-3 minutes. Once the onion turns transparent, turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Meanwhile in a small mixing jar add cashew nuts and almonds and grind them into a fine paste. Set aside.
- Now let’s grind the sautéed onions, ginger and garlic in to a fine paste.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp butter. Once it melts add cumin seed and bay leaf. Cook for half a minute until a nice aroma srises.
- Add ginger garlic and onion paste, mix well. On low-medium flame, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Simultaneously grind tomatoes into a smooth paste. I will recommend to strainr the tomato puree so that the seeds and skin separates itself.
- Now in the pan with onion paste, using spatula make space in the center, add butter and once it melts add red chili powder and turmeric powder mix all the content together.
- Add tomato puree and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Place the lid on pan and on high flame let the gravy cook for about 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid gravy from sticking to the pan.
- Add the cottage cheese cubes mix it well in the gravy.
- Now pour the milk (warm) in pan and keep stirring while adding the milk.
- Cover the pan with lid again and on high flame cook for 1- 2 minutes.
- Give it a nice mix again and finally add the cashew nut and almond paste. Stir gently
Adding this paste toward the end, help retain the initial flavors of ginger and garlic.
- With lid on cook for 2-3 minutes
- The sizzling Paneer Butter Masala is ready. Transfer the content into a serving bowl.
P.S- If you find the gravy to be thicker, use warm milk to make it of a right consistency. (Do not use water)
Easy right! Well do try it in your kitchen and if you have any query drop your comments and feedback.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.