The recipe today that I have for you has many names- Aloo Jeera, Aloo Ki Sukhi (Dry) Sabji or even Aloo ki Safaid (White- due to the color) Sabji. The name of the dish is always dependent on the ingredients that go into it. It is the most simple dish and readies in just minutes. Eat it with a flatbread of your choice and its taste best with everything. Potato is a superhero as it comes to save you from hunger pangs at any time with different kind of dishes that will even surprise you. Take a cue from today’s dish.
Take a tip here– To fasten the process of boiling the potato, firstly peel the potato and dice into the small-medium piece and then boil it. You yourself will notice the difference.
Jeera Aloo Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 2 Medium Size chopped and Boiled Potatoes
- 1 Dry Red Chili
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pavbhaji Masala
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 or 3 Crushed green chili
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Place the pan on the flame, once medium hot, add oil.
- Add the dry chili, asafetida, cumin seeds and sesame seeds. Mix well
- Now add the curry leaves and chopped green chilies. Lower the flame and sauté it for about half a minute.
- Add Pavbhaji masala, and cook for about 10-15 seconds till a beautiful aroma arises.
- Quickly add the potatoes to the mixture and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and dry mango powder, mix well. If you do not have the dry mango powder, you can squeeze a lemon too.
- Turn the gas to low medium flame and cover the pan with a lid for 5-7 minutes. Let the spices infuse brilliantly into the potato pieces.
- Remove the lid, you will be greeted by a pleasant aroma, give it a mix. At this point, you can add chopped coriander, but it will taste fantastic as it is.
- Turn off the flame. Transfer the dish to a serving bowl and MUNCH ON!
Though it is a simple looking dish it is packed with great flavors. do try this dish and comment below. I will be delighted to hear from you.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.