Palak Paneer is undisputedly the most loving dish all over India. It brings an instant smile when mom is cooking this dish. I absolutely love experimenting and it is exciting how the taste varies by just adding a new spice. This is what makes me share my twist of Palak Paneer recipe with you. This dish is basically soft Paneer (cottage cheese) cubes into smooth spinach puree. Serve it with Tandoori flatbread and enjoy this amazing delicacy.
Try my version and surprise your folks with your cooking skills.
Palak Paneer Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 300gm Spinach Leaves (washed)
- 1 large sliced onion
- 2 medium size chopped Tomatoes
- 200gm Cottage Cheese (Paneer) medium cut cubes
- 4 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Ginger Gralic Paste
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1 Tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 4 Cloves, 4 Black Pepper & half-inch cinnamon stick
- Salt To taste.
Part 1 –
- In a pan pour in 2 liters of water and let it boil. As soon as the water boils sprinkle salt in it.
- Put the spinach leaves to the boiling water and submerge them completely. On high flame cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the leaves and pour cold water to bring the leaves to room temperature.
Part 2 –
- Place a pan on flame, once it heats add cloves, cinnamon stick & black pepper. Roast it well while stirring continuously.
- Once a handsome rusty fragrance arises, take them out in a small bowl.
- In the same pan add cooking oil and then cumin seeds after few seconds add onion and ginger garlic paste and mix well. Let it cook on medium flame.
- Meanwhile in a mortar and pestle let’s make powder of the roasted cloves, black pepper and cinnamon stick. (You can also use grinder- keep it coarse)
- The onions have turned golden brown give it a mix add tomatoes and mix well. Cook until the tomatoes till they soften.
Part 3 –
- In a grinder jar, add the boiled spinach leaves and the onion tomato tempring. Adda little water and grind it into a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan (from step 6) again add the remaining oil let it heat.
- Now add the spices- turmeric powder, red chili powder and the coarse powder (we prepared from the cloves, black pepper and cinnamon stick) and finally Pav Bhaji masala. Cook it on low flame for 15-20 seconds.
- Now transfer the puree in to the pan, add salt to taste and stir well (add water according to the consistency you want). On a medium flame let it cook for 2 minutes.
At this stage you can add fresh cream for a creamy texture.
- The gravy is ready instantly add the Paneer cubes and stir gently until the cubes become soft and succulent. It will take around 2 minutes.
- Transfer the Palak Paneer to a serving bowl garnish it with grated cottage cheese (Paneer)
Now you the secret twist to the my Palak Paneer recipe. I would love to know how it tasted when you guys try my version. Drop your comments!