This Shravan month has made me much aware about an ingredient that has abundance health benefits and is versatile in terms of cooking at the same time and is called Makhana / Fox nuts/ Lotus seeds. Although it is an already popular fasting food many of us are unaware of its qualities and recipes too.
It’s a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fiber, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc. Makhana is also high in fiber and low in calories, it enables weight loss. Its low sodium and high magnesium content make it beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity.
Today’s recipe is Phool Makhana Munchies where it is roasted and spiced up to make it more irresistible. You can consume them the whole day without worrying about your health. A great way to keep hunger pangs at bay.
Let’s get started on these yummy Makhana munchies.
Roasted Masala Makhana Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 50 gms Lotus seeds 1/2 Tbsp Clarified butter
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 Tsp Powdered Sugar (If you like little sweet)
- Salt to Taste
- Heat ghee or clarified butter in a pan.
- Add Makhana and stir gently. Roast for about 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Once the Makhana turns crispy add sendha namak, black salt, roasted cumin seed powder, dry mango powder, red chili powder and mix well.
- In order to infuse spices with Makhana, add ghee again.
- Keep stirring continuously and switch off the flame.
Take them out in a bowl and serve. A healthy and tasty bowl of spicy Makhana munchies is ready. Enjoy with your family and friends. As you saw this dish is super easy and fun so do try it in your kitchen.
Keep posting comments and amazing feedback to keep me motivated.