Fruit Custard is effortlessly the yummiest dessert that can be made in just a few minutes. It has a soft and silky texture packed with the crunchiness of the fruits and dry fruits. All you have to do is to simmer the milk and add sugar and custard powder to it and VOILA! A heavenly dessert is ready. You can make this dessert beforehand and just add fruits when you are all set to eat it.
Not to forget that Ramadan is just around the corner. This holy month is of immense significance in the Islamic faith. It is believed, that the month marks the first revelation of the Holy Quran. The Muslims abstain from eating anything and go without a drop of water until evening where they gather together for a lavish feast, Iftaar.
My recipe for this amazing fruits custard is ideal dessert in Iftaar.
Without further ado let’s get started.
Fruit Custard Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 500ml Milk
- 1 Ripe Finely Chopped Mango
- 1 Small Finely Chopped Banana
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Grapes
- 1 Small Finely Chopped Apple
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Custard Powder
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Dry Fruits
- In a pan pour milk first and heat until lute warm.
- Take two spoonful of milk and add to the custard bowl and mix it to a smooth paste. Mix well to avoid formation of lumps.
- Now let the milk come to a boil, once it does lower the flame and add sugar.
- After adding sugar let the milk cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir first and then add the custard powder and milk mixture that we prepared. Keep stirring continuously while adding to avoid it from sticking it to the pan base.
- On a low flame cook for about 5 -7 minutes until it has thick consistency. Stir continuously.
- Let it cool down.
- Transfer the custard from pan to a bowl.
- Firstly we will add all the fruits such as apple, mango, banana, grapes and pomegranate and mix.
- Finally add chopped dry fruits.
- Cover it with cling wrap and set it aside for 2 hours in refrigerator.
Serve this mouthwatering chilled fruit custard in bowls and enjoy. Heaven is here and you will say this once you give it a try. Do let me how your cooking experience was with this dessert.
Keep postings comments and feedback to keep me motivated.