What a beautiful name Rosti is. Isn’t it? Rosti is a name of Swiss dish- basically made from grated potatoes formed into a small flat cake and then fried. So here I am again with a fusion dish. My variation is especially for Fasting (Upvas) and can be eaten otherwise. The name of the dish is Sabudana Potato Rosti.
Sabudana is the most popular and widely known as fasting food. A Sabudana / Tapioca pearl contain the high level of starch and carbohydrates and also provide you enough energy during fasting days. There varieties of delicious dishes made from this ingredient such as Sabudana Vada, Stuffed Sabudana Vada, Sabudana Khichdi, and Sabudana Kheer.
Sabudana potato Rosti is really tasty as it has tangy, sweet and spicy flavors. The dish consumes less oil as it is made on tava and we can use oil according to our choice. It tastes delicious with masala curd / green chutney or sweet yogurt.
Sabudana Potato Rosti Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 2 Boiled potatoes(1 whistled)
- 1 Cup Sabudana (Soaked for 4-5 hours)
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped coriander
- Sendha namak/Rock Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed green chili
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Rajgira Flour
- 2 tablespoon coarsely grind roasted peanuts
- Boil the potatoes till 1 whistle, let it cool. In one large mixing bowl thickly grate the potatoes.
- Add soaked and drained Sabudana into the bowl. Then add finely chopped coriander, coarsely grind peanuts, lemon juice, crushed green chili, sugar, sendha namak/Rock Salt to taste.
- Mix together all the ingredients evenly. Add Rajgira flour for binding all ingredients and mix it well.
- Heat a flat pan. Meanwhile, take around 1 tablespoon of mixture in your palm and flatten it to give a disc-like shape.
- Grease the pan with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and place Rosti into the pan. Cook until it becomes golden brown and then flip over to other side.
- Repeat the same for the rest flour.
- Place the Rosti on kitchen towel lined plate to absorb extra oil.
- Serve the Rosti with masala curd or green chutney.
I am sure you will enjoy munching on this dish and will share the dish with your folks as well. Do share your cooking experience with me. Drop your comments and feedback below.