Buff vada or Nariyal ki kachori is a Gujarati specialty which is a well-known snack to have during Fast. The crispy and golden outer covering is made with boiled and mashed potato mixed with ground Sabudana. Packed with a delicious tangy mix of fresh coconut, herbs and dry fruits which make these vadas stand out. The tangy stuffing is simply mouthwatering.
Not only during the fasting period you can prepare it as a snack on any occasion and festivity. Here is an easy to follow recipe to make these delectable fasting snacks.
Let’s get started.
Buff Vada Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 4 Medium Size Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Cup Sabudana
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate
- 6-7 Whole Black Pepper
- 3-4 Clove, Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 10-12 Cashew
- 2 Tbsp Coriander
- 10-12 Raisin
- 1/4 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 2-3 Crushed Green Chili
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Rock Salt to Taste
- Heat a pan and add black pepper, cinnamon, and cloves to it. Roast it for 1-1.5 minutes on a low medium flame.
- Transfer it into a mortar and crush it into a coarse powder.
- Now add Sabudana, and on medium flame roast it for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- In a mixing jar empty the roasted Sabudana and crush it into a fine powder.
- In a large mixing bowl add mashed potatoes; fluff it a little with a spatula.
- Now add sesame seeds, roasted and crushed peanuts, diced cashew and raisins.
- Next add crushed green chilies, ginger paste, powdered sugar, lemon juice, desiccated coconut, finely chopped coriander and finally add the roasted spice mix that we prepared in the initial stage. Later add pomegranate seeds and Sabudana powder and sendha namak to taste. Mix the entire ingredient well with palm. Add water if the dough is dry and if it is sticky sprinkle some Farali flour.
- Grease your palms and ready the dough into smooth balls. Ensure that the pomegranate seed doesn’t pop out while rolling them into a ball.
- In a deep bottomed vessel heat the oil well.
- Slide the buff balls gently into the oil and fry them equally until cooked from all sides on medium heat. The color should be of a beautiful golden hue.
- Take them out on a kitchen towel lined plate.
The scrumptious Farali Buff vadas’ are ready. Serve them with homemade green chutney and ketchup. I am sure everyone will enjoy this dish. Do let me know your thoughts on this dish in the comment section below.