Seekh Kebab is one of the all-time favorites.
Seekh Kebab was originally known as Shish Kebab and Turks acquainted us with it! In Turkish, Shish truly means a “sword” or skewer and Kebab means “to roast”.
Corn & Peas is an incredible combination for Vegetable Seekh Kebab and it tastes like heaven. It has a power crunch
Seekh Kebab Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Boiled (for 1 whistle) Peas
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Boiled and Crushed Sweet corn
- 1 Medium size Boiled and grated Potato
- 1 Cup Bread crumbs
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Amchur Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Garam masala
- 1 Tbsp chat masala
- 1 Tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Gram flour
- 3-4 Crushed Green chili
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped Mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl add boiled peas and mash it with the back of the spoon and boiled corn and boiled potato. Mix it well.
- Next, sprinkle salt to taste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and amchur (dry mango) powder & chat masala, garam masala, ginger paste and finely chopped green chilies. Mix well.
- Later add mint leaves, coriander leaves, roasted gram flour, corn flour and mix again.
- Now add bread crumbs, a pinch of salt and give it a nice mix.
- The mixture is ready. Please note it shouldn’t be too dry or too moist, in both the cases it won’t set well on the skewers.
- Take a handful of mixture in tour palms and flatten it, place the skewer in the center and roll the edges on to the skewer.
- Similarly make more of these.
- Heat a griddle and add oil to it. Grease well.
- Place the Seekh kebab on to the griddle.
- Let it cook on medium flame and once it changes color to beautiful golden brown, turn its sides.
- When ready take them out on plate and serve hot.
I tell you it is finger licking good. It tastes just like it is straight out of a restaurant. You and your folks will love it. Pair with onions rings and salad, green chutney, ketchup, that is it and your party is sorted!