Not in a mood of cooking but still craving for something delicious to eat? Well, today I have a recipe which doesn’t involve any complex procedure. Besan Cheela is something we all have eaten during our childhood; it is kind of a nostalgic dish. A quick whip into Besan with a spoon of few aromatic spices and a dash of your favorite veggie and VOILA, it is ready!
Snack to me is something that requires less cooking time and simple ingredients, it is filling yet is very tasty as well and Besan ka Cheela is hands down a great snack. Follow my recipe for fluffy and delectable Cheela.
Let’s get started!
Besan Chilla Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Gram Flour
- 1/4 Cup Rice flour
- 1/4 Cup Wheat flour
- 1/4 Cup whisked Curd
- Oil for roasting chili
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped Spring Onion
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp Carom seeds
- 1/2 Tsp finely chopped green chili
- 1/2 tsp Chat masala
- 1/2 Tsp Red chili powder
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt to Taste
- In a mixing bowl add besan, wheat flour and rice flour.
- Next add red chili powder, turmeric powder, gently crush ajwain in your palm and add to the mixture then add asafetida, chat masala and salt to taste. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilies, whisked curd and make it to a semi-thick pouring consistency, adding the water a little at a time.
Add chopped coriander leaves & green onion and mix them well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle, and then pour the batter with help of a spoon and spread it out evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Lower the heat and let cook till the edges brown a little and can be lifted easily.
- Dribble a little oil around it, turning the pan so the oil goes under the Cheela.
- Flip it over to cook slightly on the other side.
Similarly, make the other Cheela.
Serve it hot with green chutney, ketchup and or with a cup of Masala Chai. Pack this up for a picnic, lunchbox, or munch on during supper. Do make it in your kitchen and share your experience.
Your comments and feedback help me to be more creative so keep showering them.