No Indian get-together is perfect without scrumptious kebabs being served on the table for starters. No one can believe how the simple vegetables and some ingredients come together to form this drool-worthy kebabs. Team these moist and juicy kebabs with spicy mint chutney along with sliced onions on the side and there’s nothing quite like it.
Kebabs typically refer to meaty treats either in the form of skewers or minced patties, which were traditionally made in the tandoor or tawa. There are mindboggling kebab varieties when it comes to vegetarian and non- vegetarian kebab and mind you all are lip-smacking
The recipe that I have today for you is for delectable Vegetable Kebab. The scrumptious kebabs are made with sautéed veggies such as carrots onion, green peas, and a variety of spices. This can get your party started at any point of the day – a perfect party snack! There are a huge variety of vegetables that you can transform into lip-smacking kebabs.
Let’s get started.
Veg Kabab Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 3 Medium sizes Boiled and Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Carrot
- 1 Medium size Finely chopped Onion
- 1 Medium size Finely chopped Capsicum
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped Coriander
- 1/2 Cup Boiled peas
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp semolina
- 2 Tbsp Rice flour
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 Finely chopped green chili
- 2 Tbsp Oil to sauté veggies and 1 Tsp from it for making the batter
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- 1 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Chat masala
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to Taste
- Let’s start with sautéing the vegetables by heating oil in a pan.
- Once the oil heats add ginger garlic paste mix well and cook for half a minute.
- Now add finely chopped carrots, capsicum, onion and mix well.
- After sautéing for half a minutes add salt to taste and cook for around 2 minutes.
- The next step is to add boiled peas, chopped green chilies, turmeric powder, Garam Masala, roasted cumin seeds powder, red chili powder and finally chat masala.
- The veggie mixture is ready, turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare the batter. In a bowl add Maida, corn flour, 1/4th tsp salt, add 1/4th cup of water and ready it into a smooth batter. Add more water accordingly to prepare a lump free batter.
- Now add 1tsp of oil in the batter and mix well.
- Take another mixing bowl and add boiled potatoes to it, salt to taste, rice flour, sooji, finely chopped coriander, and to top it all add the sautéed vegetables and mix so that all ingredients come together. The kebab mixture is ready.
- To shallow fry heat some oil in a pan on a low flame.
- Take a small amount of kebab mixture into your palms and make it into a smooth flat ball.
- Dip the kebab ball in the batter first and then coat it evenly with the breadcrumb mixture. Place it on a plate.
- Make the other kebabs similarly dipping in batter first and then coating with breadcrumbs.
- The oil is hot so gently slide the two kebabs into the pan. Let it cook on a medium flame until golden from one end.
- Flip the other side in the oil and cook until golden from this side as well.
- Before taking out the kebabs out of the oil drain the excess oil as shown in the video.
- Take them out in a kitchen towel lined plate and serve.
Serve along tomato ketchup or home-made green chutney or some exotic dip of your choice. You and your friends and family are going to love these vegetable kebabs. Do try this Eid special recipe and enjoy the festivities. Let me know how your experience was with this recipe.
Don’t forget to post comments and feedback to keep me motivated.