If you were to ask anyone in India with a sweet tooth what their favorite traditional sweet is, they’d say it’s Kaju Katli. This favorite sweet is made of cashews and is quite rich. And, it’s definitely the one sweet that’s most in demand during festivals like Diwali, Bhai Dooj, and wedding-season.
But why buy adulterated Mithai this Diwali when you can make this affluent Rose Flavored Kaju Katli. The Rose Kaju Katli looks very good due to a pinkish hue and with the addition of rose petals in it. One bite into this mouthwatering mithai will make you weak in the knees.
Grab the ingredients mentioned below and get started!
Rose Flavor Kaju Katli Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Cashew Powder
- 1/3 Cup Milk powder
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp Milk
- A Pinch of Pink/Red Color
- 1/4 Tsp Rose Essence
- Finely Chopped Petals of 2 Big Rose
- 1-2 Tbsp Clarified Butter
- In a small pan, add 1/4th tsp ghee and let it melt.
- Now add chopped rose petals and roast well. Switch off the flame. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add Cashew powder, powdered sugar, and milk powder.
- In the small bowl with rose essence add the raspberry color mix well and add it to the dry mixture.
- Then add the roasted rose petals.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add 2 tbsp milk and again give it a mix using a spatula.
- If you find the mixture to be dry, again a 1 tbsp milk.
- Mix by pressing it gently into the mixture so it releases the fat make the Kaju Katli softer, for 2 minutes.
- Place a butter paper an grease with oil.
- Place the Kaju Katli dough and spread it out on the butter paper evenly.
- Fold the butter paper onto the dough.
- Now with help of rolling pin, flatten it out Keep the thickness according to your liking.
- Set the edges
- Cut pieces diagonally.
Serve these absolutely mouthwatering Mithai to your guest see the plate getting empty in a blink an eye. You have to make to believe how incredible it tastes.
Do let me know in the comments your experience with the recipe.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.