Whether a festivity around the corner or it just your gut craving- Til Chikki is by far the tastiest and easiest to prepare. Sesame seeds are full of protein and helps in lowering cholesterol. Together with jaggery it forms a great combination which tastes delectable and keeps you strong during winter. Not to forget that the festival of Uttarayan is incomplete without Til Chikki and of course the Kites!
Let’s move forward and note down the ingredients and the recipe.
Til Chikki Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 3/4 Cup grated Jaggery
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- Heat the pan and add sesame seeds in it. On a medium flame roast sesame seeds till you hear the popup sound.
- Once it begins to pop up switch off the flame and remove it in a bowl or plate.
- Reheat the pan and add ghee. Once the ghee melts add grated jaggery. Mix well.
- Let the jaggery melt and do not overcook.
- Once the jaggery completely melts and gets a good consistency instantly add roasted sesame seeds in it and mix it well, stir continuously to infuse the ingredients together
- Turn off the flame and transfer the content to a greased plate. Spread the mixture evenly and smooth the surface with spatula and cut in desired shape.
- Let it set for few minutes.
I am sure you want to try it right away! Do let me know your cooking experience .Also I would love to have your feedback and comments.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.