Shravan is considered as the Holi month of the year. The month of Shravan is widely known as Sawan as well. People believe that by doing fasts and praying during this holy month they can please the god. People consume Farali or Upvas friendly dishes during Shravan and there are so many great options.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Cooking doesn’t have to be hard. Sign up to receive delicious recipes!
I want to share simple, quick and Farali recipes so that people who are on a fast can have the different varieties of Farali dishes. Today I will make a crispy, crunchy and delicious Farali Vada. It is made from potato and Rajgira flour which makes it Upvas friendly dish.
You can have Farali vada with masala curd (yogurt) or green chutney. Let’s get started!
Farali Vada Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 2 Boiled Potato
- 1 Cup Rajgira flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed green chili
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- Sindhav Namak/Rock salt
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour. Add oil and mix it well in the flour.
- Add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, red chili powder, ginger paste, green chili, coriander finally salt to taste and mix it well.
- Now take another bowl and mash the potatoes. Add salt to taste and mix it well.
- Add flour slowly to the mashed potatoes and mix it well. Make a soft dough.
- Make small balls and oil the butter paper. Place the balls on butter paper and press it gently with the help of bowl and make it flat.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying. Gently slide the vadas into the hot oil.
- Fry until it has a beautiful golden brown color from both the sides.
- When done take it out on kitchen towel. Serve it with masala curd or sweet yogurt.
Ready in just few minutes! Do try this recipe in your kitchen. I love to hear from you guysPost your comments and feedback below.