Globally recognized Switzerland’s Potato Rosti recipe is one of the most delectable and easy to make recipes. The crispy potato rosti is tender and moist inside and toasty and crispy outside. The rich golden color of these fritters makes it visually appealing and the light brown fried cheese gives delightful appetizing aroma satiating both your visual and sense of smell. The mild tinge of mint in the rosti will take your recipe to another level also it will give your dish a refreshing taste. Dash of green coriander will only make it more tempting. One can devour it anytime be it in lunchbox, brunch or dinner.
Even when you are running short on time, this step by step potato rosti recipe can come handy as it can be prepared with very few, easily available ingredients in less than an hour. Major constituent of the recipe is potato and cheese. Carbohydrate from potato and calcium and protein from cheese; this easy potato rosti recipe can be prepared with very less amount of oil is a healthy breakfast option. If you are a baking fan you can also bake them in oven/microwave with very little or no oil. This dish will definitely be a morning delight for your family. This versatile recipe is an instant hit at formal dinners or kids birthday parties. I bet no one will stop at just one!
Whether you are a pro chef or a beginner cook this dish is a fuss free affair. It won’t demand pro culinary skills to cook this one as I have it sorted for you on how to cook a perfect rosti below. You can serve it with different sauces or dips for added flavor.
Bonus tip: – You can grate lot of other veggies and see your fussy and finicky children gobble these small vegetable pancakes merrily!
- 2 Medium Size Shredded Potatoes
- 150gms Shredded Processed Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Mint
- 2 Thin Sliced Green Chillies
- 2 Spoon All Purpose Flour
- Salt to Taste
- Peel the raw potatoes and thickly grate them. Squeeze the potatoes and remove the extra water. In one large bowl, mix together the potatoes, coriander, mint, chillies, flour, cheese and salt evenly.
- Heat the stove and put the pan to be warm. Meanwhile take around 1 tablespoon of mixture in your palm and flatten it to give a disc like shape.
- Grease the pan with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and put the rosti into the pan. When it becomes golden brown flip other side to cook.
- After cooking rosti till golden brown shut the stove off and put the rosti on paper towel in serving plate so it will absorb the extra oil.
- Rosti is ready to serve with tomato catch up or schezwan sauce.