It’s round, fluffy, crispy and goes with all kinds of sabjis. Puri is love and there are so many varieties and combinations. Matar Puri, Tomato Puri, Paneer stuffed Puri, Spinach/ Palak Puri, Beetroot Puri, Potato Puri, Kutta atta Puri, Spicy masala Puri and etc are just a few interesting examples.
Today’s recipe is for Aloo ki Puri and its simplicity is amazing. If you are craving for something spicy then Aloo ki Puri is your go-to option to calm your urges. Not only this, the recipe is also an ideal lunchbox option for your kids. The perfect companion for your tea as well.
Let’s get started!
Aloo Puri Curry Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 1 Large size Boiled potato
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Chat masala
- 1/4 Tsp Asafetida
- 1 Tbsp Cooking oil for making dough and more for deep fry
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl grate the boiled potatoes.
- Next step is to add all masalas- red chili powder, turmeric, sesame seeds, ajwain (gently crushed in palms), chat masala, asafetida, and flour. Also sprinkle salt to taste.
- Add freshness of chopped coriander leave and drizzle oil on top of it. Mix the ingredients and also knead as well. If necessary then use water otherwise the moisture from potatoes will be sufficient.
- Once the dough is ready drizzle oil gain to make the dough softer.
- Heat oil in deep bottomed pan for frying.
- Divide a portion of dough and make them into small balls. Now taking one ball in between your palms press it and place it on chakla. Grease the peda (flattened dough ball) with oil from both sides and with help of rolling pin flatten it outwards.
Repeat the procedure for rest of the dough.
- Gently slide it into the hot oil and fry the Puri on low flame until light golden from both sides.
Repeat the same step for rest.
Piping hot and delicious Aloo Puri is ready to be served. The pairing options are endless- pickles, chutneys, sabji and etc. Your folks will love the dish so do try it in your kitchen.
Keep posting comments and feedback to keep me motivated.