Need is the mother of invention and this has been rightly said.
If you are bored of the regular sabji and dal, well look in your own kitchen for some inspiration. And you know what inspired me, our very good old friend, the favorite side dish- the crunchy the spices- Papad.
If you are surprised when don’t be, save that when you actually taste the Papad ki sabji! It tastes great packed with a spicy punch and that sour tempering prepared using curd that thickens the gravy and is delectable.
If you are feeling more indulgent do try mango curry that plays amazingly with your taste buds. Experimenting is the key!
Let’s get started with the Papad Sabji!
Papad Ki Sabji Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 4 Papads
- 1 Cup Fresh Whisked Curd
- 2-3 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Finely chopped Green Chili
- 2 Pinch Kasoori methi / Dry Fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Roast four Papads first. (You can do that directly on the burner, or in the microwave, or you can even deep fry them.)
- Now heat a pan and add oil to it.
- Once it heats add fenugreek seeds on a low flame cook until seed’s color turns pink.
- Next, add asafetida and chopped green chilies. Roast for 15-20 seconds.
- Lower the flame and then add turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder, mix well. Cook for another 15-20 seconds.
- Add one cup of water and salt to taste.
- On the low flame pour the curd and keep mixing simultaneously.
- On high flame keep stirring the contents continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Now on a medium flame, crush the papad and add to the tempering.
- Crush Kasoori methi between your palms and add to the pan.
- On a low medium flame, let it cook for 2-3 minutes, so the papad absorbs the curry.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and stir well.
- Switch off the flame and take it out in a serving bowl.
This unique sabji has a lot of flavors so do make it in your kitchen. I would love to know what you think about the recipe. Comment below and let me know your thoughts.