To be honest, kids aren’t much fond of green leafy vegetables. But they are much essential part of the diet. Palak or spinach is a super food with an array of health benefits. Not only rich in iron, it is one of the principal resources of pigments, vitamins & minerals. Today I will make a snack recipe that will be loved by kids and adults alike. Palak Mathri is really crispy and tasty to eat. A great snack dish for the unexpected guest or for a get together on any occasion. The recipe is effortless and you can make in your kitchen. Normally people make Khasta mathri, Mathri, Namkeen Mathri, Khasta masala mathri, crispy mathri etc but you should definitely try this easy homemade mathri recipe. Include Palak mathri as your Diwali snacks / Diwali namkeen. It is a must on your Diwali recipe list.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Cooking doesn’t have to be hard. Sign up to receive delicious recipes!
Palak Mathri Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Spinach(Palak)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander(Dhaniya)
- 1 Tbsp Green chili paste
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Place a pressure cooker on a flame and add around 1/2 cup water, position a stand and over it a colander.
- Meanwhile, take a cloth and add flour in middle and make a Potli. Twist it and close it tightly then place in the colander. Close the lid of pressure cooker.
- Let it cook for 3 whistles and switch off the flame. Let the cooker cool down.
- Open the lid & take out flour potli and place it on a large plate and break it into pieces so flour cools down speedily.
- Once the flour cools, strain it onto a plate to avoid chunks.
- Now to the filtered flour add Spinach, Coriander, Green chili paste, sesame seeds and finally Salt to taste. Pour oil and mix all the ingredients well and evenly. Mix it very well so that everything mixes evenly.
- Now add water as required and make a soft dough. Cover it with a lid and set it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and knead the dough once again.
Chuck out a medium size ball from the dough and make it flat using your palm. Dust it in dry flour. With the help of a rolling pin, roll it into a thick flatbread.
Cut it into the desired shape.
- Poke using a knife or a fork to make its texture crispier.
If you like them to be fluffy, avoid making holes.
- Heat the oil in a deep bottom pan.
Once the oil is hot enough slowly add mathri to it and fry until it is in beautiful golden hue and texture appears to be crispy.
- Place the fried mathri on kitchen towel-lined on a plate.
Repeat the same process for remaining dough.
When the Palak mathri is at room temperature store it in an airtight container.
I highly recommend this recipe so definitely try it in your kitchen. Drop in your comments for any query. Would love to have your feedback.