Winters are warm and cozy! Aren’t they?
What I love about winter is to taste of abundant of dry fruits available- almonds, cashew nuts, apricots, date palms , etc. Not only do they taste great but keep you mellow from inside out. Now to talk about that star of today’s recipe- Date palms or Khajur- is a great source of iron. The Sweet dish that I am making today is Khajur barfi or Khajur Rolls. A mouthful of this scrumptious barfi or roll is such a delight and you will instantly fall in love with it. Not to forget it’s various health benefits. Surprise your folks with this simple recipe and win stomach! (Oh! I mean Hearts!)
Let’s take a look at items and methods below.
Khajur Burfi Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 500 gm of Date Palm- Khajur (Seedless)
- Half Cup- chopped Almonds (Badaam)
- Half Cup- chopped Cashew Nuts Kaju
- Half cup- chopped Pistachio
- Half Cup Nariyal ka khaman (Grated Coconut Optional)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds (khas khas)
- Coarsely grind the date palms khajur. Once you get the desired texture, set it aside for a while.
- Heat the pan, and on a low-medium flame add khaskhas and roast it for a minute and a half. When done take it out in a plate for later use.
- Reheat the pan and pour in ghee, add the chopped dry fruits- badam, kaju and pista. Mix well. Roast on a medium flame for about 2 minutes. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Add nariyal ka khaman into the dry fruit mix, lower the flame, let it cook well. (you can also use grated coconut)
- Add the roasted poppy seeds (khas khas)(keep a spoonful for garnishing later) and then add the grinded date palm (khajur) into the pan.
- Mix well, lower flame, mix well as the misture is dense and it will take time. Now on a medium flame, cook for about 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook. Do it precisely for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the content to a wide plate , let it cool down for a bit, you can choose the shape you want.
- Once the khajur roll are ready, place a aluminium foil, sprinkle the khas khas and pista on it and then roll the khajur over it so the garnishing sticks to the roll, repeat for the other as well.
- As soon as the garnishing is done, cover the khajur rolls individulay in the aluminium foil and allow to set them in refrigerator for 2-2.5 hours.
- Take the khajur rolls out and place them on a chopping board. Cut them into half inch pieces.
- Your Khajur ki Mithai is ready to be served and eaten!
Easy isn’t it? Please do try it in your kitchen and let me know if you have any query. Do not forget to give me your feedback and comments.