We LOVE potatoes, don’t we? There are zillion reasons to love them because they’re a wonderful source of vitamins and minerals (they even carry more vitamin C compared to tomatoes and oranges). These starchy vegetables contain sixty distinct kinds of phytochemicals and vitamins in their outer and inner sides!
When a hunger pang strikes, nothing can satiate your hunger like a potato snack! Indeed, some nutrition specialists state that carbs keep you filled longer than other food options. Not only this but whenever unexpected guests arrive or you are out of ideas as to what to serve in the parties or functions potato snack and its variety will always come to your rescue!
Today’s recipe is a mouthwatering Crispy Potato Ball snack, it is crispy on the outside and the insides melt onto your palate. The addition of two different flour also adds a great texture along with spices and herbs.
Crispy Potato Balls Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Crispy Potato Balls Recipe
- 4 potatoes Medium Size Boiled and Cooled
- Bread Crumbs
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 4-5 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 3-4 green chili Crushed
- 1/2 Chili flakes
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tbsp coriander Finely Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Peeled the boiled potatoes and grate them to finely mash them.
- Add butter and mix it well the mashed potatoes.
- Now, add green chilies, black pepper powder, red chili flakes, coriander leaves and sprinkle salt to taste.
- Next add corn flour, rice. flour, mix all ingredients together using a spatula.
- Ready a bowl of bread crumbs and a plate.
- Take a spoonful of mixture and roll it between your palms to make it into a smooth ball and coat it with bread and place it in a plate. Prepare more similarly.
- In a steel vessel heat oil and let it heat well.
- Gently place potato balls in the oil.
- Cook well on medium-high flame until golden brown in color.
- Take them out in kitchen towel lined plate.
Sumptuous snacks are ready to be eaten. You will become addicted to its taste. Do share your feedback and experience with the recipe in the comments below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.