Sabudana is an easy to handle ingredient and its recipes are versatile. All kinds of Sabudana recipes that categorize into snacks, starters, main course, sweets etc can be prepared easily and instantly. Sabudana in itself does not need much cooking. Generally, most of the Sabudana dishes call for just soaking Sabudana for a couple of hours.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Cooking doesn’t have to be hard. Sign up to receive delicious recipes!
Today’s recipe too is a mess-free and delectable item. Sabudana Vada is bite-sized crispy snack which has tremendous flavor packed inside them. They can really spice up your any meal. Mixed with mashed potatoes along with aromatic spices it combines to form a treat for fasting season.
Without much ado let’s get started!
Sabudana Vada Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 4 Large Boiled Potatoes
- 1 Cup Sabudana Soaked for 4-5 hours
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped coriander
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Tbsp Roasted and coarsely crushed Peanuts
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted Cumin seeds Powder
- 5-6 Whole Black pepper
- 2-3 cloves, a pinch of piece Cinnamon stick (roasted and crushed in powder form)
- 4-5 Crushed Green chilies
- Rock Salt to taste
- In a bowl add boiled potatoes and mash them well.
- Once done add soaked Sabudana, crushed green chilies, roasted and crushed peanuts, roasted cumin seed powder, black pepper, cloves and cinnamon powder, ginger paste, chopped coriander and finally sendha salt to taste.
- Now with your hand bring together all the ingredients mixing them well. It should have the consistency of dough.
- Place a plate near the dough bowl and then grease your palm with oil.
- Make a round and smooth ball using your palm and then flatten it out by pressing equally and gently.
- Similarly prepare flattened rounds from the rest dough.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan.
- Once the oil is hot carefully slide in the vadas.
- Cook until golden and crispy from both sides.
- Fry the rest of the flattened balls and then take them out on a kitchen towel lined plate.
Scrumptious Sabudana vadas are ready to be eaten. You will be utterly satisfied and filled after having these. Do let me know your views on this recipe by commenting below.
Also share your valuable feedback.