It is perfectly alright to snack in between the main courses because not only it will make you feel full and will make you avoid overeating. The snack should be light and should make you feel full instantly. The recipe of khakhra chivda I have today is not only a tasty snack that can be consumed right away but also can be stored in an airtight container to eat later.
The name of the recipe is Khakhra Chivda. Khakhra on its own aids in weight loss and maintains blood sugar levels. Its rich in carbohydrates and supplies energy to the body. The added extra ingredients not only amplify the taste but also add to the nutritional value. Enjoy it with morning/evening tea as it is a crispy and tasty snack.
Khakhra Chivda Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 4 Khakhra
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp sugar(as per taste)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- In a mixing bowl crush Khakhra into small-medium pieces with your hands.
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Now once the oil is hot, add peanuts and let them roast, stirring occasionally.
- Once the peanuts are roasted part them in the pan itself and add sesame seeds.
- Once the sesame seeds start to pop add the crushed Khakhra into the pan and mix well.
- On a low flame cook the Khakhra mixture for a minute.
- Simultaneously add red chili powder, chat masala, sugar and a pinch an of salt. Give all ingredients a nice mix.
Khakhra Chivda recipe is ready to munch on. Khakhra Chivda recipe is ready to munch on. You can make the quantity according to your liking. If you make more you can definitely store it for later. Do try this easy recipe and share your cooking experience with me. Do drop in your comments and feedback.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.