Aloo tikki chaat is the most popular street food in Delhi. A savory appetizer that can be eaten in so many different ways. The piping hot tikkis are served with tamarind chutney and green chutney with onion rings and papdi, or yogurt and with Cholle as well. The combinations are endless. It’s a crusty coating that packs mashed potatoes with aromatic spices makes it unique and tastes absolutely amazing.
Today I have a recipe for authentic Aloo tikki that tastes as good as you eat from the vendor. Readily available ingredients and easy to follow steps. Your kids and family will just love relishing this Favorite street food.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Aloo Tikki Chaat Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 5 Medium sized boiled potato and cooled for an hour in the refrigerator
- 4 to 5 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup finely chopped Coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Salt
- 1/2 Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Green chili
- Salt to Taste
- In a bowl mash the boiled potatoes.
- Now add rice flour, amchur powder, black salt, chopped green chilies, chili flakes, ginger paste, salt to taste and finally chopped coriander leaves. Mix all ingredients well with hand. Add flour according to the moisture of the potatoes and knead it into the dough.
- Grease your palm with oil and chuck out (the amount you or the size you want) dough. Smoothen it in between your palm and press it into a tikki shape. Prepare the tikkis similarly with the dough.
The tip to make a good tikki is to make sure there are no cracks while smoothing it in your palms.
- In deep bottomed pan heat ghee for shallow frying (as the halwai’s do or you can opt for refined oil as well)
- Once the ghee has melted, on a low flame slide the tikki into it.
Cook until its light golden from both the sides, it will take around 1-1.5 minute.
- Take it out on a kitchen towel lined plate and serve.
Serve it with Tamarind sweet and sour chutney and homemade green chutney sliced onions and sev. Mouthwatering!
Your comments and feedback keep me motivated, so keep posting them below.